Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Gwadar: A Foreseeable Metropolitan - News

Goodness gracious me! Have my eyes deceived me or is the government serious about the construction of "The Platinum City" in Gwadar? There will always be doubts in the mind of Pakistanis whenever the government proposes to take a major step towards national improvement. I don't blame them either, since they have every reason to do so because of the deceptive and inconsistent propositions by our mercurial government in the past.



An impression of the proposed Platinum City, Gwadar


In any case, without getting my hands too deep in to politics, I just wanted to share this marvellous project that the government of Pakistan has undertaken. It has been titled: "Platinum City", for some reason of which I am unaware. The only reasoning for the choice of that title that I can contemplate is that the word 'platinum' is generally associated with superiority over the rest. For instance, with most major credit cards, customers are promoted upwards from being a 'Silver' to a 'Gold' , and finally to a 'Platinum' cardholder.

I'm absolutely positive some of the readers are assuming I haven't rested enough, hence the senseless blabbering. Reverting back to the subject of discussion, I thought it would be appropriate to post a sample picture of the proposed Platinum City, along with the official website for this grandiose project. I pray and sincerely hope that this dream materializes in to reality with all the stunning beauty and fabulous architecture as portrayed by the words and images of the planners. Click the link below to visit the official website for the mega project, or simply click on the image above to visit the "Vision Gwadar" website.

Platinum City

No comments: