Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

It burns! It burns! - Talking Point

Guess what Mr. Raza accomplished today? I was smoking some mango flavored hookah on a hot, 'Sunny California' afternoon, watching an episode of the ever-riveting Simpsons while sipping on some tea: a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I was half-way in to Euphoria when my friend walked in and I offered him the hookah. A BIG mistake. While I was handing him the pipe, I inadvertently tipped the hookah and it landed right on me. That wasn't the bad part. The little pieces of coal on top of the hookah shattered (It's a special kind of coal that breaks up easily) fell straight on to my left foot, my right hand wrist, my left hand index finger and thumb. 'Ouch' would be an understatement.

I'm all bandaged up now but thankfully the agonizing stinging has gone. What a day this has turned out to be. It started off with me on my way to achieving 'Nirvana' on the 'Light vehicle' as the Bhuddists call it and ended up with me taking a wrong turn and ending up in the burning flames of hell. Like all men I didn't stop and ask for directions and ended up in a pit somewhere. Figure that.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

shame on you, smoking is a bad habit. gosh i have to tell everyone that. my dad being one of 'em :P

Asad Raza said...

Yeah I know I know, but it isn't as bad as smoking cigarettes. I used to smoke quite a bit, but then I gave up, thanks to sheesha. Now I smoke sheesha once in a while which is going to stop soon too.