Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Silk Jive - Music



Recently, there has been a surge in the influx of emerging rock bands from Pakistan with bands like Fuzon, Jal, Roxen and Imik smashing the charts. This rock fever is not resitricted to Pakistanis residing within Pakistan, rather, several overseas Pakistani bands have come out in the light with some serene melodies. One such band is Silk Jive from Los Angeles, California. These guys performed several of their hit singles from their new album - set to be released sometime in November this year - at the Pak Day @ LA on the 6th of August, a couple of weeks ago. Their biggest hit, "Ek Umar" was also included in their performance, which can be downloaded here. Please visit their website at:

http://www.silkjive.com

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Natasha said...

hey i'll check out this site. and you asked about that picture, yes we were in ikea. it's so ancient. my parents have been shopping there since before i was born. my mom loves that place. lol

Natasha said...

oh and thanks for linking me :). i'll link you too.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Interesting stuff!

Anonymous said...

Nice song, man! Although I don't understand the language :D But I like the rhythm

Anonymous said...

Hey it's homer- really love your blogs, you are ONE HELL of a writer!

i checked out this song, its pretty good, im surprised! new band? do they have any ever songs? this song is catchy!

keep the blogging up! later, KH.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Yeah, my bros rock.

Asad Raza said...

Homer - Hey Homer! Thanks for dropping by! I'm sorry I haven't been able to write any articles on cricket at PakMusic, but I will start soon inshallah :). The band has been around for a couple of years, but they're going to release their first album in November this year and they do have some other songs, but they're not available for download. There's one other good song of theirs called "Is tarha Us tarha" I believe. By the way, as soon as I find the link to the CMJ site, I'll put it up here if that's ok with you :D.

Natasha - Nice song, I've forwarded it to some friends, thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I am huge fan of paki pop since last year as my friend sent me down some link.There are these bands jal and roxen OMG the song to phir aoo by roxen and jals aadat are something u hear once in blue moon. go pakis gooo

Asad Raza said...

Yes, Roxen's To phir aao is awesome. There's actually another song by them that's pretty cool. Atif, Jal and Rugg are cool too. You should sign up with pakmusic. I have a link to the site down below to the right. They've got every single Pakistani that you can imagine, even those from before our time. They've got kick ass forums and some great people. Also, they release albums from underground bands and even promote regular bands to some 40,000 members!