Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Sin City - Movie Review


Frank Miller's Sin City

I just finished watching this comical/animated movie and it is absolutely the craziest movie I've ever seen. It is a huge parcel with immense animated action, along with sex, gruesome violence, huge explosions, treachery, drama, all packed into one out of sequence strip. It was somewhat reminiscent of Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction", who incidentally happened to be a "special guest director" for this particular title. The movie had Tarantino written all over it, with all the blood and gore in addition to the non-sequential script of the movie. The only reason I didn't dislike the movie was because it was based on Frank Miller's comic books. I never actually read the comics, but I did play a PC game called "Max Payne" which contained storyline comics which bore an uncanny resemblance to the animated strips in the movie.

I personally believe Tarantino has a deranged imagination and it shows in the movies he directs. He was a 'special guest director' of this movie and I can hardly imagine what the movie would be like if he were the main director. All in all, I would recommend watching the movie at least once; for the explosive action, drama, and lively cinematography. The most attractive aspect of the movie was the use of black and white colors for a better part of the movie, with the exception of some scenes were extremely vivid colors like bloody red and fluorescent yellow were used. The fusion of two such extremes gave the movie a subliminal sense of seductiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best quote from the movie: "I will cut you in ways that will make you useless to a woman." I don't rembmer who said it.

Asad Raza said...

I think Clive Owen said it to that 'Raggerty' cop guy.