Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Friday, September 09, 2005

My Favourite Paintings - Art & Aesthetics

Hello everyone! As a freshman, I had to pick an art course, and I decided upon "Visual Arts", which was possibly the best decision I've made in my entire academic career (which of course means that choosing Electrial Engineering as my major was not the best decision, but oh well :P). The following are some of my favourite paintings of all times. I will post some more when I have the time. For now, observe the following masterpieces.



Madonna Enthroned by Giotto



David by Michelangelo



Creation of Adam by Michelangelo



Merced River, Yosemite Valley
by Albert Bierstadt




Ecstacy of St. Theresa
by Gianlorenzo Bernini




Augustus of Prima Porta



The Persistence of Memory
by Salvador Dali




Nighthawks by Edward Hopper

1 comment:

Raheel Lakhani said...

Nice ones.. David is so mashoor, I guess because of his nudity lolz.