Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Salman Khan sentenced to five years imprisonment

I don't usually follow Bollywood (Indian Film Industry) events, but I couldn't stop myself from posting this news because this guy is an extremely famous actor. Read on...

Bollywood star Salman Khan has been sentenced to five years in prison for poaching rare antelope.

The judge in Jodhpur in India's western Rajasthan state also fined Khan 25,000 rupees ($550). An accomplice was given one year in jail. Khan, who was in court to hear the verdict, has always denied wrong-doing. He was sentenced to a year in prison in February in an earlier poaching case, but had remained out of custody while appealing against that verdict.

As camera flashbulbs went off, a visibly shaken Khan was bundled into a police van and taken to Jodphur Central Jail. His lawyers say he will appeal against the verdict. "We will file an appeal on Wednesday," Khan's lawyer, Hastimal Saraswat, said. "I believe our case is strong on merit," he added. [...]

7 comments:

Raheel Lakhani said...

I hate sallu!!

I have joined the network and would like to contribute articles there too. How should I post there? Full articles or the simple link which leads to url of article on my blogs.

Edward Ott said...

I am glad to hear that celebrities have to face justice like everyone else.

Salam

Sam!! said...

Justice for all:)

Takecare,

Samrina

Hasan Mubarak said...

I'm sure he's gonna get out of this as usual...

Asad Raza said...

Update: He has been released on bail, three days after his sentencing.

Anonymous said...

Salam
Thanks for the post. This is not the first time Salman khan is sent to jail however he is always bailed. I think he should be punished for his actions. I am a big fan of Salman but justice is justice.

Nostalgia said...

heyz!!yeah well he shud be punished for what he did!And i guess while he was in jail for three days he was treated just as any other criminal would have been.When he came out on bail.He said i am going to something about the poor conditions in the jail.lolz!!well he gotta do something since he is going back thera again.