Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Running late...

I was at work today and this girl walked in, with a freaked out look on her face. She ran up to me and asked me how to connect to the "wireless thingy" because she had a paper due in about 15 minutes from that time and she had to print it out, run all the way across campus and submit it to her professor. It was a midterm paper, so it was really important to her.

I asked her to calm down first, and instead of having her install the printer drivers, putting money on her account, printint it out, and carrying all her stuff all the way to the other end of the campus, I decided to print it out from my work account (unlimited prints) and upon her request, have her leave her stuff with me so she could run to her professor's office to turn in her paper.

She came back with a depressed look on her face: she had missed her professor by a few minutes. I then helped her email the document to her professor and dictated the contents of the email to her. I had her tell him that it was my fault that she got delayed because I couldn't help her connect to the wireless connection, which is why she couldn't turn her paper on time. She was so happy at the end and thanked me profusely for all my help. It felt good doing a good samaraitan. The simple smile of gratitude on her face made my day. I sincerely hope her professor accepts her paper and that she passes with flying colors!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The keyword being the "girl". Would have done the same for others? I doubt it. LOL.

Asad Raza said...

Pretty much. lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL! She should have done all this a lil earlier. No?

Anonymous said...

hmmmm good job bro :)