Greetings!

This page is intended to provide the reader an insight into the functionality of a perpetually whimsical mind.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

When nothing seems to be going right....

I don't usually get stressed out unless I'm facing a dead end situation, and at the moment, everything seems to be tumbling down one after another. I have been constantly asking forgiveness from God and asking Him to make things better, yet, things don't seem to be going positively. I'm up to the point that I feel like giving up all hope, abandoning everything and just going back to my family. Unfortunately, I just can not force myself to believe that there is no other way out. Alas! This inherent attribute of never losing hope and working at my best under pressure and close to deadlines just won't fade away.

I've pushed as far as my resources have allowed me to and yet, I do not see a fruitful end to this perennial problem. I just feel utterly incompetent and feel like I've failed everyone around me, worst of all, my family. I feel there is no one I can depend on any longer. In times of distress, everyone seems to turn their faces away, pretending like they are unaware of the reality that surrounds them. I ask all of you to pray for me so that God can continue blessing me with the strength and determination that just won't die no matter how hard I endeavor to unkindle the darn instinct. I apologize for showering you all with my boring tirade, but I had to vent my anger at the world, my luck and the general wretched air of disappointment and futility that hovers above me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, wtf, what's going on...

Anonymous said...

dude if it's about brownmajik.com, i'll put it back up man... shit.

Maria I said...

Despite all the hurdles, if you still exist -- there's gotta be a motive behind your existence.
Just set your eyes on your destiny, and keep walking -- even if you dont the pathways, you'll get there, if you continue to roll.
Now, think unthinkable, and do unimaginable. Proceed now.
G'd luck!
Cheers :)

SR said...

If there is one thing I try to remember during my bad days is that no matter how tough and stressful things get, I have to say "Alhumdulillah" and keep asking for forgiveness and asking Him for mercy.. because as hard as it is to not get depressed, there will always be a positive ray of hope in your heart once you thank Allah subhaanata'ala and know that everything He is putting you through IS for a reason.. you might not see or realize the reason now but at some point you will InshaAllah.. there is a maslihat behind everything, even in the WORST of situations.. so stay strong and keep strong faith in Him inshaAllah.. I'll definitely make dua for you!

Natasha said...

no matter what Allah is listening, and just know that whatever is happening is happening for the best. inshAllah all will be better, have faith. you're in my prayers :D. cheer up!

Asad Raza said...

Nupur, you're the best friend I've ever had. Mr. Nupur (Npr) called me up at 9:30 in the morning and left me a message asking me if everything was ok. Later on during the day, he met up with me and gave me guidance and support, taking out his valuable time off work for over an hour. Thank you once again Nupur, you rock!

Thank you Maria, Shaima, Natasha and my good buddy and roommate, Mr. Alware for your comforting words. It's amazing how a few words of support can bring about a drastic change in one's mood. You know what the best thing is? Things have already started to get a little better. I had a hell of a day trying to get things straight, and even though I was so tensed all day, at the end, I finally got to hear some good news, which wasn't huge, but it was the perfect end to what was seemingly a dreadful day.

The amazing part is, I had to make a very important decision between two very important choices, and after continuous forgiveness and guidance from God, at the end of the day, I was only left with one way out. The other choice was eliminated through unexplained consequences. I hope this will be the first of many positive developments in my life. Everyone goes through crests and troughs through their lives, and I'm certainly going through the most shallow trough at this time. Through the "life wave" as I call it, a crest follows a trough and so on. And after today's positive turn, I feel like I've crossed the trough and I'm climbing up the following crest. Thanks for all the prayers folks and please continue to do so until I get out of this mess, and of course, I will be praying for you all. Your prayers have done much for me... now there are a few more obstacles that I must face head on, and once I've crossed over them (inshallah), you all can stop praying, but I will continue to pray for you all :). Thanks again so much!

S A J Shirazi said...

This shall pass. This shall pass. No?

Maria I said...

Wooohooo!!! YAY! =D
Erm, where's the party -- or at least a small treat? Hmm?

Raheel Lakhani said...

Everyone can turn their faces away but Allah is always there for you, you just have to ask for help. He has chosen best things for you for sure.

Asad Raza said...

Maria, ask and it shall be so ;). And Raheel, you're very right, thinking positive, believing that whatever happens is for the best and most importantly, trust in Allah always results in a positive outcome. Thanks guys :)

Kashmiri said...

I hope everything works out bro.

Times like these come in our life, so patient is what tests us. I hope everything works out.